08.09.201814:00 - 15:45
Be part of the open stage at the Swizzeridoo 2018
One objective of the Swizzeridoo is the promotion of new players . With our open stage we offer you the chance to perform at the festival for a larger audience, for 10-15 minutes.
You don’t need a festival ticket for your appearance at the open stage, during the open stage the venue will be open to players and audience alike.
Every year one of the players participating in the open stage is selected to have the honour of opening the festival the following year. Maybe YOU will be giving a 30-minutes concert in the official program of the next Swizzeridoo? For some well-known didgeridoo artists the open stage at the Swizzeridoo has been a booster for their career …
Info and rules for the open stage
- Time for performance: 10 – 15 minutes, according to the number of applications.
- This platform is intended for solo didgeridoo players. Accompanying percussions (Djembe, Cajon, etc.) will most likely be possible, but larger formations/bands can be confirmed after consultation only.
- Sound check will not be possible (plug and play). A professional sound technician and stage crew will be on location, instructions of them must be followed.
- The Swizzeridoo maintains the right to reject, cancel or ignore any application.
- If the number of applications is too high, Swizzeridoo alone decides about the participations.
- After your application it might take us a few days to respond, so please do not despair..
- If your application has been accepted, we will ask you to show up in front of the main stage on Saturday, Sept. 08 at 13:30 h, for a preliminary briefing.